[CentOS] Anyone got Diskless BOOT working under CentOS ???

Tue Jan 6 07:02:10 UTC 2009
clemens at dwf.com <clemens at dwf.com>

Im trying to get a diskless boot set up under CentOS 5.2, and having no luck
at all.

I am to the point of running system-config-netboot, and whatever information
I put in, I get an error message.

Responding to the 2nd button on the first popup, which asks for NFS info,
I put in the IP address of the current machine (the machine that will hold
the boot images for the diskless machine) and the root directory for the
diskless machine, viz

	/diskless/i386/CentOS5.2/root

Which has a copy of my root file system, and in particular has a /boot
subdirectory.  When hitting FORWARD, I get the error message:

	The diskless subdirectory must be NFS exported
	and contain a boot subdirectory.

Now Ive checked, vsftpd is running, nfs is running, and the above directory
(and others) are in the /etc/exports file.

I did this several years ago under Fedora, and dont remember having problems
like this.  Has ANYONE done this recently, and do you remember what you had
to do???  I would REALLY like to exchange some e-mail with you.
It would be nice if there was an example somewhere.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com