[CentOS] Update to Centos 5 anaconda kickstart %post bug?

Thu Jan 8 21:28:19 UTC 2009
Warren, Eucke <EWarren at wms.com>

Is there a process for finding status updates to open bugs within
Centos?  The particular bug I am talking about is 0002329
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2329.  This was assigned on
01-20-2008 and, as far as I can tell, there's been no action other than
it being acknowledged.  I've also searched upstream with RHEL and FC and
I cannot seem to find a bug report there though complaints of the
problem can be found through searching the web.

I do see the manual fix for it and will be testing that shortly.  I am,
however, dealing with a fairly rigid internal legal department that may
not welcome a "fix" that's not "official".  So I have two questions:

1) Is there an "official" or "accepted" way to inquire about the status
of an open bug?
2) With regard to bug 0002329 is this something that has to be fixed
upstream so it filters down to centos?

Thank you!

Eucke