[CentOS] CD burning issues & questions

Sun Jan 4 16:19:46 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> [...]

<snip>
> No.  Perhaps I did not make it clear.  I did not allow the >disk to be mounted.
> The tip opened up when k3b recognised the disk, which >has nothing to do with
> mounting.  If you can't avoid mounting the disk, then you >must umount it
> before attempting to use it with k3b.

OK. I've made  some tests and if you believe that anything I ran into
warrants a bug  or support request against K3b, on CentOS.org and/or
RedHat.com please tell me.

I opened a terminal window, "su -"  and then "umount /dev/hdd" and
then I exited from the shell.

(a) I can use the drop down menu, "Tools" > "Erase CD-RW", without any problem.

(b) I can write new files to the CD-RW. I did not get a message,
asking me if I wanted it to erase the CD-RW media. It did *not* erase
the existing files on the CD-RW media, before writing the new files.
It added the new files, as if the CD-RW were a multi session disk.

(c) In the K3b list of files in my home directory (/home/lanny) it
showed files that had been deleted previously.