[CentOS] xCache install error ($PHP_AUTOCONF?)

Wed Jan 7 12:57:14 UTC 2009
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

David Hrbác( wrote on Wed, 07 Jan 2009 12:42:44 +0100:

> I'd get rid of PHP from source and install php-* packages.

Then he goes back to PHP 4.3.2. You *have* to use the source for xcache.
I'd recommend to go the php newsgroup and ask about the phpize problem.
And provide all the information you offered here in steps in the first
message ;-)

I just stumbled over this snippet from eaccelerator build instructions
when searching my notes for "phpize". Try it a last time that way (without
the shared line), especially with that php-config hint and the exported
php prefix.

Step 1. Compiling eAccelerator

  export PHP_PREFIX="/usr"

  $PHP_PREFIX/bin/phpize

  ./configure \
  --enable-eaccelerator=shared \
  --with-php-config=$PHP_PREFIX/bin/php-config

  make

  You must specify the real prefix where PHP is installed in the "export"
  command. It may be "/usr" "/usr/local", or something else.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany