[CentOS] Email/GroupWare Suite

Fri Jan 9 16:53:29 UTC 2009
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Bo Lynch schrieb:
> On Fri, January 9, 2009 11:31 am, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>
>> Bo Lynch schrieb:
>>
>>> Can you use postfix with horde/imp?
>>>

>> Well, postfix is just a MTA. IMP will use localhost:25 or
>> /usr/lib/sendmail to send mail ;-)
>>
>> What's more interesting is the choice of IMAP-server ;-)
>>

>> Rainer
>>

> We currently use dovecot. Any issues that you know of?

Hm. I use dovecot, too, on my private mailserver - but I don't have a
webmail setup there, because I use IMAP exclusively.
I always wanted to try IMP/DIMP again, but never really got around to
install and configure it.

Dovecot is very fast, so IMP should perform well.
When you want to continue using your current mail-platform (which is
reasonable), you will have to find something that integrates well with it.
OpenXchange can do that, but it will need to integrate into your
provisioning-infrastructure. It's not a drop-in replacement (nothing is,
once it's sufficiently complicated).

I know one ISP here, that tried to use IMP and it performed very bad.
They went with OpenXchange in the end - but they have lot's more users
than you ;-)

Regards,
Rainer