[CentOS] Email/GroupWare Suite

Fri Jan 9 17:51:05 UTC 2009
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 1-9-2009 9:23 AM Bill Campbell spake the following:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2009, Bo Lynch wrote:
>> Should I be concerned with the Licensing structure down the road? Meaning
>> in your opinion do you think that zimbra will close its door on the open
>> source model. Just don't want to demo something get everyone excited about
>> using it and have to migrate to something else.
>
> The thing I would be concerned about is the future of Yahoo.  If
> it is finally absorbed by the Borg of Redmond, history says that
> anything that competes with Windows will be dropped.
>
> Bill
You never know with them. But they have been making big reaches into the SAAS
model. I guess it is easier to charge monthly instead of depending on the "buy
a new version every few years" model they currently have.

If they could use it as the backend for hotmail, they could go against their
new best enemy Google!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and