[CentOS] Creating an iso image of a audio CD with K3B

Tue Jan 13 01:13:30 UTC 2009
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 19:31, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> So far I have seen how to read the Audio CD and make a directory of WAV
> files with a control file for later burning to CD, but I want an iso
> image that I can archive and burn audio CDs to use as they get used up.

No.

The name "iso" comes from ISO-9660, which is the standard that defines
how *data* CDs work.

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660

So, you can only have an "iso" for a data CD, not for an audio CD.

I believe many CD writing programs (especially graphical ones like
Nero) can create a "project" to burn an audio CD, and maybe some of
them can "export" this project in form of one big file that has all
the contents in it, but this file won't be an "iso", it will be an
exported project for that specific program. AFAIK there is no standard
for this, in fact, I don't even know if any of the CD burning programs
actually can do this.

What is it that you're trying to do? If all you want is to distribute
the files as a single big/huge file download, maybe you should create
a zipfile with the wav's inside. It would still require the receiving
end to manually unzip it and burn it, but it might be closer to what
you're trying to accomplish.

HTH,
Filipe