[CentOS] Squirrel 1.4.8-8.el3.centos.1

Thu Jan 15 17:52:46 UTC 2009
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:25:50 +0100
Henk van Lingen wrote:

> Since then I have some users who have problems with their sessions.
> They are logout out every now and them, and some sent mails have another
> user address in the From header. It looks like squirrel is mixing up
> sessions? Those users have used fresh browser sesions.

I ran into something similar to this a while back when I tried to set up
Firefox in /etc/skel before setting up the users on a Fedora 5/LTSP system.

Users who were simultaneously using Squirrelmail on the mailserver were getting
into each others mailboxes.  Jane was suddenly reading John's mail, and so on.

I don't know if it's a Squirrlemail issue or a Firefox issue.  My theory is that
the apparently random string that you get in ~/.mozilla/firefox named *.default
has something to do with it, but I don't really know.

My solution was simply to not set up Firefox in /etc/skel and just create a new
setup for each user after I created them.  It took a bit longer than it would
have otherwise but it worked and the Squirrelmail mailboxes didn't get confused.