[CentOS] postfix relay and mail host for HPC cluster

Fri Jan 16 19:07:05 UTC 2009
Tony Schreiner <schreian at bc.edu>

On Jan 16, 2009, at 1:40 PM, Ned Slider wrote:

> Tony Schreiner wrote:
>

>> How can I get my cluster master to not relay messages addressed to
>> @master.cl.bc.edu?
>
> I'm no expert, but I'm guessing a transport map on the cluster
> master to
> relay locally is required?
>
> So /etc/postfix/transport on the master with an entry something
> like this:
>
> master.cl.bc.edu	relay:[master.cl.bc.edu]
>
> see:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

I didn't follow your advice exactly, Ned, but you gave me a hint.

I added   master and master.cl.bc.edu to the $mydestination and now it
works right. I don't know if both are necessary, will experiment.

Thanks!
Tony