[CentOS] Apache Server Tuning for Performance

Tue Jan 20 18:52:56 UTC 2009
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 20.01.2009 um 19:39 schrieb linux-crazy:

> Hi all,
>
> I am facing  facing performance issues with our web servers which is
> working for concurrent  250 requests properly and then stops
> responding when the requests are more than 250 .
>
> The current configuration parameters are as follows :

Only use prefork MPM (worker is for Win32, AFAIK).

If you set ServerLimit to 251, that's the limit.
Set ServerLimit and MaxClients to the same value.
(Larger than 250)
OK?
And take a couple of minutes to study the apache documentation. It's
actually quite good and tranlated into many languages...

BUT: what your server is being able to handle also depends on what you
actually serve (PHP/JSP/Servelets/Perl/whatever!

This is usually not a problem that is easily described and solved in
two sentences.

Rainer