[CentOS] Compile Problem

Wed Jan 21 04:11:49 UTC 2009
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 21:00 -0700, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> >If you'd tell us what it is that you're doing we can help out, or
> >explain any one of a hundred ways that you're doing it wrong. Either
> >one, really.
>

> I was tearing my hair out trying to get mod_auth_ntlm_winbind working with
> apache so I could later use adLDAP/Dokuwiki to migrate all our docs out of
> Exchange Public Folders.
>
> The goal was SSO in our AD domain. I had plain LDAP binding against the user
> asking for permission to Dokuwiki which worked easy and was secure enough but
> the goal was SSO...
>
> I had a total brain fade on the mod_auth_ntlm_winbind compilation but got it
> working, now I simply can't make apache authenticate a user? Firefox has the
> network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris value defined yet simply keeps prompting
> for authentication while this module causes apache to deliver something to ie
> that it simply can't even render the page. Samba, Kerberos and winbind are all
> configured right as the CentOS box has been joined to the domain, and wbinfo
> and getent return logical data. It's clearly this module and apache that are not
> working, but this is the only module that provides group support versus username
> only mapping that I know of.
>
> As much as I am getting to like Dokuwiki, if you can reco an easy to use wiki
> that facilitates SSO from AD clients but runs on Linux I would be grateful. I
> only have one IIS server and I can't/wont hack at that box, its far to critical.
>
> I officially have no more hair.
----
mod_authz_ldap definitely can use groups or users to authenticate though
to be honest, I am only authenticating to OpenLDAP and I do see some
references to authenticating to active directory in the documentation.

also - my impression was that only IE could use the SSO and Firefox
would probably have to login.

Craig