[CentOS] OT? File order on CentOS/Samba server

Thu Jan 22 23:55:54 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The quick/dirty fix might be to cifs-mount a windows directory where the
>> linux side wants to see it and let the windows side work natively if
>> that gives the behavior you want.  Using the automounter might help if
>> the windows side is not always available.
>
> If you go that route, this wiki has useful tips:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/WindowsShares
>
> See section "3. Even-better method"

Or if you want to really go crazy, you might look at Alfresco
(http://www.alfresco.com), which among other things implements a cifs
server in java so you can apply an assortment of business rules to what
the clients see as you might over http - although I don't really know if
those rules include control over sort order.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com