[CentOS] Antivirus for CentOS? (yuck!)

Fri Jan 23 19:30:12 UTC 2009
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 1-22-2009 4:33 AM Ralph Angenendt spake the following:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> On Thursday 22 January 2009 09:35:11 Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>>> What do you do with clamav on a linux server? Especially: How is it run
>>> by you? What do you think it protects you against on a linux server?
>> 1 - it protects you against passing on any windows viruses to windows users
>
> Yes, but how is it run? Hourly via cron? On which files? What does it
> protect against? Mind you, I'm not talking about workstations, but about
> servers.
>
> Ralph
Cron a "clamscan -ir /"
It will check the entire filesystem and report infected files.
You probably don't want to automatically delete what you find, though.

You can also scan for things like ssn's in datafiles laying around.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and