[CentOS] Ldap login

Mon Jan 26 16:12:15 UTC 2009
Didi <ribalba at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Per Qvindesland <per at norhex.com> wrote:
> Hi Didi
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> When I type ldapsearch -x it comes up with the complete list of users and
> groups, but if i do the ldapsearch -v it gives me the same error:
> SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s:unknown authentication method (-6) additional
> info:sasl(-4): no mechanism available:

Does your server/cleint have ssl? How secure does this have to be.
Normally you have to set up the certificates to do it over SASL. If it
is at home and you don't need to be bullet proof you can just use
simple auth. I know people are going to hate me because of this, but
if you just want it to work this might be an option.

> Any idea of what authentication method ldap uses?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Authentication_and_Security_Layer

might explain a few things.

Cheers Didi