[CentOS] getting Centos on "used" rackable systems 1U withdualOpteron 248 HE

Wed Jan 28 08:22:44 UTC 2009
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

David Hrbác wrote:
> are those disks totally empty or there are some partitions? Try to look
> at them with fdisk. BTW sometimes Anaconda fails on disks with
> partitions. Deleting partitions helps before install, sometimes I have
> to "create a new empty DOS partition table" with fdisk

or my old standby, boot the centos cd to single user mode, and execute

    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=1024 count=1024

this zeros the first megabyte of the disk, wiping all traces of
partition tables.     power cycle to clear the state of -everything-,
*then* boot the installer...