[CentOS] gpg agent not running

Wed Jan 28 14:32:12 UTC 2009
Peter Kjellstrom <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 January 2009 12:45:16 Peter Kjellstrom wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > Can someone please remind me of the current approved way of starting
> > > gpg-agent at root?  Thanks
> >
> > "as root" or "at boot"?
>
> Sorry - stupid typo.  Yes, at boot - or login, to be more precise.  I think
> I used to start it with an eval statement in ~/.bash_profile, but on my
> backup file I see that it's commented out, so I presume I was told that
> there is a better way.

I think you'd generally want to start it via your desktop environment (gnome,
kde or such). I'm not sure if there is a suggested way for a "clean" CentOS
but with the gnupg2 package from epel you get
a /etc/kde/env/gpg-agent-startup.sh file.

I'm a kde person so I'd probably use .kde/env/... if my dist didn't handle it.

I've also seen solutions on other dists using /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90gpg-agent

So, sorry, no good clean answer :-(

/Peter