[CentOS] unsubscribe

Wed Jan 28 16:00:00 UTC 2009
Brian Mathis <brian.mathis at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:56 AM, cent osserver <centoserver at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> Was that REALLY called for? Couldn't you have simply filed it in /dev/null?
>
> Yes, I should have. I gave into impulse in a weak moment and then
> REALLY screwed up by not noticing I was replying to the list and not
> the individual.   (Most lists have reply-to set to the individual, not
> the list)
>
> Sorry.

If this is how you reply to people, ESPECIALLY privately, and during
weak moments, your Internet privileges are hereby revoked.  Your
status as a decent human being isn't looking good either.

Get control over yourself.  Also realize that if you were to reply to
someone like this in private, you are doing more damage to the
community than if you did it in public.  At least if you do it in
public, we can rip you apart for it.  A mailing list is not there to
provide you with punching bags for when you have a bad day.