[CentOS] hdc: no DRQ after issuing MULTWRITE

Wed Jan 28 18:53:25 UTC 2009
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Any idea what can be done?  They seem to be more nuance that not, but if
> I am in init 3 mode and in VI and get one of these messages in the
> middle of editing some file, well, I typically :q! out and start over.....

you can use ctl-L to refresh a vim edit screen... (if you're in insert
mode, hit <ESC> first)...  beats quitting and starting over.

 do these errors always occur on /dev/hdc or random devices?  if always
/dev/hdc, is that a CD/DVD or a HD ?      that OQO thing is some kinda
VIA C7 or whatever?   you might try disabling DMA on the /dev/hdc, like...

    /sbin/hdparm -d0 /dev/hdc

[this would have to be put in a init file, maybe /etc/rc.d/rc.local ]