[CentOS] ftp and iptables

Wed Jan 28 22:56:56 UTC 2009
Agile Aspect <agile.aspect at gmail.com>

Robert Spangler wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2009 21:45, Agile Aspect wrote:
>

>>  Robert Spangler wrote:
>>  > Do you have a rule like this:
>>  >
>>  > -A OUTPUT --m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
>>
>>  No I don't.
>>
>>  It doesn't work under CentOS 5.2. But it works on my laptop
>>  which is running Fedora 9.
>>

> I don't understand why it doesn't work on your server unless you are not using
> STATEFUL inspection on your firewall.

Use /usr/sbin/system-config-network-tui to generate
a template iptables file and then add the syntax in question.

It won't load. You'll have to re-write it.

In short, it's syntax sugar.

It doesn't work in CentOS 5.2 but it works on laptop which
running Fedora 9.

It's hard to imagine iptables not being stateful if you're
using the key words NEW, ESTABLISHED, and RELATED.

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."