[CentOS] [OT] Batch Job Scheduler/Manager

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 03:52:06 UTC 2009

Mauriat Miranda wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Joseph L.
> Casale<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>> I have pretty loose requirements at this point, but I am looking for a
>>> tool (or set of tools) where I can automate and control a large group
>>> of tasks by a basic web front end.
>> Webmin?
>
> Webmin can do basic cron and process management, but it looks like I
> would have to find (or develop) a module to do what I want.

Have you looked at Hudson: http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Meet+Hudson?
It is typically used to build/test software projects repeatedly during
development but it can run any jobs you want - and on multiple machines.  And it
runs fine under the stock openjdk/tomcat on Centos.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com