[CentOS] Replicate desktop configuration for other users using /etc/skel

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 07:32:39 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 09:08 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> JohnS a écrit :
>
> > yum install Sabayon.i386
>
> This looks exactly like the tool I need. But isn't the project abandoned?
---
Niki. I don't see how it is abandoned when upstream slaps an article in
rh magazine plus it is in fedora. Supported in CentOS 5.3.

But there are better tools out there for server/desktop provisioning
than that. I just recommended that to you because you wanted something
simple. You can explore using ldap to have the profiles you need. Create
one profile for diskless machines would have a consistant desktop.

So may I ask are you writing a book on this?

John