[CentOS] modern motherboard for centos-5

Ian Murray murrayie at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 09:50:09 UTC 2009

I think these drivers were merged into a the kernel a bit later in the kernel than CentOS uses, although am a bit surprised upstream didn't backport. Before I set the machine up for proper, I tried a live Ubuntu disk which recognised the ethernet no problem, which lead me to figuring out what to do next for CentOS.

Before I bought this board, I must admit I tried to find a suitable modern board myself and didn't come up with much in the way of resources... I thought it ought to be documented in a wiki or something. I ended up doing some guesswork and taking pot-luck...