[CentOS] LDAP/Autofs instructions are conflicting in Centos5.3

Eric B.

ebenze at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 10 02:37:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, so if this belongs
more on another list, please let me know.

I am trying to get Autofs configured to use LDAP on CentOS5.3, but am
running
into an inconsitency.  On CentOS5.3, the openldap server is installed with
an
extra schema/redhat/autofs.schema file.  From what I can tell, that schema
file seems to follow RFC2307bis.  In the schema, it uses cn and ou.
However, in all docs I can find for RHEL5, everything indicates that I
should
be using automountMapName and automountKey as the Map attribute and the
Entry Attribute.

I am very confused.  Which is the "right" one to use?  If I follow the RHEL
docs and tell autofs to use MAP_ATTRIBUTE as automountMapName, then I can't
use the schema that is distributed with CentOS5.3.

Should I be using the schema that is distributed with the CentOS openLdap
package, or is there another one that I should be using instead?

Thanks,

Eric