[CentOS] Firefox 3.5 Issues

Ron Blizzard

rb4centos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 23:23:18 UTC 2009

I downloaded Firefox 3.5 from the M. Harris site and, for the most
part, have had good luck with it. But I have also had hard crashes
that take down CentOS, not just Firefox.

It happened to me twice on eBay (on the same page) -- and now I can
replicate it as many times as I want by going to...

http://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter

...and choosing one of the two newsletters, linked there.

I'm writing for a couple reasons.

I'm curious to see if this is only my problem, or if other have
experienced it or can replicate it.

And I was also wondering how I can remove Firefox 3.5 and its
associated support files and get back to the regular repository.

Firefox 3.5, for the most part, is very stable and is snappier than
3.0.11 -- only two sites have pages have crashed for me, but when it
crashes it takes down my whole system and that's not good.

And, if someone could mention this on the forum (there is a thread
about Firefox 3.5) I would appreciate it. I can't log on to the
forums. I am supposed to ask for another password, but I can't
remember what my original email address was (2 or 3 years ago).

Thanks for any pointers.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3