[CentOS] NIC traffic monitoring, recording and reporting software?

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Wed Jul 15 15:46:17 UTC 2009

I have a remote CentOS-5.3 installation that shares traffic with
another enterprise.  I want to record and measure the actual network
traffic that comes into and goes out of that host's net i/f on a
monthly basis for billing verification purposes.  Does CentOS have a
software package to accomplish this?

I have run across references to a package called vnstat as a
possible answer to my requirements, but I cannot seem to locate a
CentOS rpm package for it.

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3