[CentOS] NUT problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 20 17:39:53 UTC 2009

On Monday 20 Jul 2009 17:43:04 nate wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > 'kdesu /opt/MultiLink/bin/Viewer'
> > bash: kdesu /opt/MultiLink/bin/Viewer: No such file or directory
>
> Not having used kdesu before, is it possible that kdesu is
> checking the existance of the file before running the app? If
> so perhaps the permissions of the file/directory/tree prevent
> kdesu from seeing the file

I don't think so.  It always worked in the past (I don't check it all that
oten, so I don't know exactly when it stopped working).  All it does, really,
is to launch the dialog requesting the root password.  I'm trying desperately
to remember just what I've read about its changing status.  I know some people
wanted to get rid of it, but it still works on my KDE4 systems.

Anne