[CentOS] SSH without password on CentOS 5 ?

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:39:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Niki Kovacs<contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:

> I'd like to use SSH without password so I can use it in scripts (for
> example in combination with rsync to do backups).

One thing that's frequently missed is that the client SSH
configuration might require that the server's fingerprint appear in
the local known_hosts file.  This may mean that you must perform at
least one interactive ssh login to confirm the identity of the
destination, before scripted ssh will work.