[CentOS] CentOS on IBM Bladecenter HS21

Andrei F frunzales at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 20:37:13 UTC 2009

Hello,

My servers didn't crash during the week-end which is a good sign.
However I'm still trying to get a dump in /var/crash. For this I need an
init ramdisk that's RDAC & MPP enabled. As I previously said I am
using LSI's drivers in order to access my SAN:

http://www.lsi.com/rdac/ds4000.html

The instalation procedure is easy. The driver package listed above comes
with a SHELL script that builds a custom initrd which then gets copied in
/boot:

[xxx at localhost ~]$ ls -l /boot/mpp-2.6.18-128.2.1.el5.img
-rw------- 1 root root 4049795 Jul 20 15:28 /boot/mpp-2.6.18-128.2.1.el5.img

At this point I'm not sure if it's safe use /sbin/mkdumprd along with a
custom
/etc/kdump.conf that includes all the drivers in the above ramdisk image.

Do you guys have any experience at all with this kind of stuff?

Regards,

-Andrei