[CentOS] kickstart install using url location

Carlos Santana neubyr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 02:03:43 UTC 2009

I know how to start ks installation.

Initially I was booting from a CD drive and then typed in 'linux
ks=http://<ip>/<file.ks>'.

But how do I get to boot prompt now? Lets say my DVD iso is located on
some remote machine. We point to this DVD in kickstart file. But, we
are not booting from it.

How do I get this boot prompt to start installation? Sorry for any confusion.

-
CS