[CentOS] kickstart install using url location

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Tue Jul 21 19:44:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, Scott Silva wrote:

> You can loopback mount the dvd image, but I don't think you
> could easily loopback mount the cd images and get a proper
> directory structure.

A little massaging is needed and simple image loopback mounts
seem 'touchy' in practice as outlined in the upstream's
documentation.  I have long published heavier third-party
scripts on doing this setup, dating back at least to the RHL 7
and LTSP 3 series [Aurora, YDL, ...] days.  I did a re-write
recently (a year ago now, I see checking datestamps, and oding
a bit of updating) and use for CentOS (day to day production,
and QA testing):
 	ftp://ftp.owlriver.com//pub/local/ORC/k12ltsp/ORCsetPXE
 	and its helper: install-from-iso.sh

-- Russ herrold