[CentOS] Need help on start samba

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Jul 23 15:12:05 UTC 2009

Rob Townley wrote:
> Why?  IIRC, I think the term is .... ready for this  ....  *Open Source *
>
> Further, the samba project has added a great deal more than what is in
> the standard RPMs.

and that roll-your-own open source comes with the standard 2-part
warranty.  you break it, you get to keep both pieces.

if he's working with samba sources and building his own samba, he'd be
better off discussing this with the samba mailling list than the centos
mailling list.

the samba distribution from centos comes with the file he's missing.   a
generic source-built samba likely will require you to write your own
starting script.