[CentOS] Compile linux kernel problem

Hanmo HanmoChine at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:35:56 UTC 2009

Hello   everyone,

I compiled the linux kernel  2.6.18.8 in CentOS 5.3,  but when make install,
the system says:

WARNING: No module sata_nv found for kernel 2.6.18.8, continuing anyway
WARNING: No module sata_nv found for kernel 2.6.18.8, continuing anyway

Just if I installed RHEL 5 version's nforce driver, it still shows these
warning message.  When reboot,  it cannot load the system.  The linux kernel
package is downloaded from kernel.org directory.

I tried and google it,  but I could not find the answer,  does anyone can help
me?