[CentOS] What's the configure specs for the generic Apache install of CentOS x86_64 5.3?

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Mon Jul 27 23:11:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 16:06 -0700, Al Sparks wrote:
> Perhaps I can use that to determine what ./configure options to use when compiling, but really, I don't see any differences in the two except some directory paths, and APR version (the CentOS version uses APR 1.3.0 and my version uses APR 1.2.7).
>
> I actually did look into specifying
>       --with-apr=PATH         prefix for installed APR or the full path to
>                              apr-config
>        --with-apr-util=PATH    prefix for installed APU or the full path to
>
> I'll give it a try.
>    === Al

If you compile your own apache, you lose *ALL* of the patches that
upstream has put in place, and you break the rpm-listed definition of
what the apache package is.  Doesn't sound like a big deal now, right?
Wait until later... you'll definitely regret it... EPEL or apxs would be
the way to go for this...

	-I