[CentOS] Centos 5.3, no AHCI on HP DL320 G5p?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Jul 30 08:33:45 UTC 2009

In article <4A700F7A.6070400 at krediidipank.ee>,
Veiko Kukk <veiko.kukk at krediidipank.ee> wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > That's probably why. To use AHCI you need to set it to RAID mode.
> > Having done that, you can still use the drives independently if you
> > prefer kernel RAID; you just have to go into the BIOS RAID setup and
> > set the drives to JBOD mode (or something like that), by telling it
> > to remove all RAID information from the drives.
>
> I don't think so, because I have another DL320 (older G3 version) with
> same bios setup (sata mode). On that G3, ahci is working.

Well I haven't used that particular server, but was describing what I have
found with other HP models (ML110 or DL360). On at least one of them,
possibly both, I found that if I had the RAID mode turned off in the BIOS,
then it only picked up the ata_piix driver, not ahci.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield