[CentOS] Color Coded Labels (Like OSX)

Christopher Rushton

phy4cer at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 30 12:34:49 UTC 2009

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to do something similar to Mac OSX color label, where you can highlight a file or group of files and assign them a color, making different files more obvious.  For example, my files which are finished with are colored green and those which haven't been worked on are red, etc.  This means, even with files of the same type, I can clearly see which ones need work doing to them.

I'm not expecting you to do it or even explicitly explain how it would be done, just a pointer to the right files and any quick thoughts you might have about implementing a system like this will do!