[CentOS] Color Coded Labels (Like OSX)

Christopher Rushton phy4cer at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 30 12:59:02 UTC 2009

I've been doing that as a stop-gap solution.  I view most of my files in list mode and wanted something that would color the whole line rather than just the icon.  One advantage that emblems have is that there are more of them, but OSX colors are so clear I don't even need to think twice what I'm doing with them.

Chris Rushton
website: http://www.chris-rushton.com
Email: rushton.chris at hotmail.com
--

On 30/07/2009 13:55, "Ralph Angenendt" <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:

Christopher Rushton wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to do something similar to Mac
> OSX color label, where you can highlight a file or group of files and
> assign them a color, making different files more obvious.  For
> example, my files which are finished with are colored green and those
> which haven't been worked on are red, etc.  This means, even with
> files of the same type, I can clearly see which ones need work doing
> to them.

Not quite the same, but if you are using nautilus, you can give
"Emblems" to files.

Just select a file or two, right-click, Properties->Emblems

I bet konqueror under KDE can do the same.

Cheers,

Ralph