[CentOS] Grub fallback problem

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Jul 30 13:19:59 UTC 2009

Matthias Blankenhaus wrote on Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:47:22 -0700 (PDT):

> Now, I have read somewhere that grub requires a default file to get
> the savedefault feature working.  However, I could neither find the
> 'savedefault' command nor the grub default file under /boot/grub or
> anywhere else.  One more thing, when I choose the boot title manually
> then grub seems to remember my last choice.  In other words, grub is
> preserving my last choice from a previous boot.

The "savedefault" script is grub-set-default and you can find it with a
locate. Compare the link that John Doe posted. I think I couldn't make it
work, anyway, when I tried this last year. You wrote me a private mail
that I posted about this problem last year. Can you give a message-id or a
URL where it's archived, so I can refresh my memory? I can tell you
definitely that I gave up on this last year and didn't ever revisit this
problem.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany