[CentOS] Open Letter to Lance Davis

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Fri Jul 31 20:48:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 15:01 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> <snip>

> > The idea of a minimal installation is interesting. Could this be done
<snip>
>    Les Mikesell
>      lesmikesell at gmail.com

In spite of the fact that all thse ideas for what the new CentOS org
could or would do, they really don't belong cluttering a thread of
serious import about the organization/personnel issues.

Many who've added to this clutter have, in the past, complained about
others hi-jacking a thread. Although I understand how these things
mutate, if we really want a good discussion to appear in the archives,
these suggestions should be in their own thread. Maybe eventually as an
open item in a (future) bugzilla.

I would rather be reading and possibly contributing some thoughts about
the issue the thread was intended to address. It's an important topic
for the missing person, the currently active project member and the
community as a whole. Let's see if we can, from here forward, do the
impossible - stay on topic.

In good cheer and
MHO
--