[CentOS] how to disable scim

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jul 31 22:05:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 16:17 -0400, Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I keep getting these
>
>   An IOException occurred at
> scim_bridge_client_imcontext_set_cursor_location ()
>
> messages -- and I'd like to turn them off.  I won't mind having scim
> just plain turned off.
> However, in using Google, I find a hint such as "right click on the
> tray, ..." -- so where's
> the tray?  A second part of that hint suggested using
> System:Administration:Language
> Support -- there's a "Language" (which allows me to select my default
> language) but
> nothing about scim.
>
> So, any hints about how to nuke scim?
----
I haven't played with scim on CentOS but on Fedora, it seems that
creating a symbolic link in users home directory...

ls -l ~/.xinputrc
.xinputrc -> /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim.conf

is what launches scim at user login

so you might want to look for something like that.

Craig

believed to be clean.