[CentOS] Window Server 2003 will not run as paravirtualized?

Victor Padro

vpadro at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:24:18 UTC 2009

2009/7/8 Neil Aggarwal <neil at jammconsulting.com>:
> Hello:
>
> According to the Red Hat Virtualization Guide,
> Windows Server 2003 32-bit will only run as
> a fully virtualized guest on an AMD64 system.
>
> I thought I have seen a lot of discussion about
> running paravirtualized Windows on CentOS.  Is
> that a bad idea?
>
>        Neil
>
> --
> Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, www.JAMMConsulting.com
> Will your e-commerce site go offline if you have
> a DB server failure, fiber cut, flood, or other disaster?
> If so, ask me about our geographically redudant database system.

AFAIK you can only run any windows version in paravirtualized mode
only in vmware server, not in Xen or KVM which are the virtualization
technologies CentOS supports.

--
Usuario Linux Registrado #452368
Usuario Ubuntu Registrado #28025

"Doing a thing well is often a waste of time."
//Netbook - HP Mini 1035NR 2GB 60GB - Windows XP/Ubuntu 9.04
//Desktop - Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz 8GB 320GB - Windows 7 - Ubuntu 9.04
//Server - Athlon 64 2.7Ghz 8GB 500GB - Debian Lenny
//Server - Pentium D 3.2Ghz 4GB 400GB - Debian Lenny
//Server - NSLU2 266Mhz 32MB 1TB - Debian Lenny