[CentOS] Firefox 3.5 Issues

Michael A. Peters

mpeters at mac.com
Sun Jul 12 11:12:20 UTC 2009

Michael A. Peters wrote:

> My suspicion is that it has to do with the language packs, since the
> same src.rpm built w/o disabling language packs doesn't crash in CentOS
> 5.3 on either arch.

I feel like such a dope.

I forgot to run createrepo on my private i386 repo so when I removed the
mh built 3.5 and yum installed firefox to get what I built, it grabbed
3.0.11 and I didn't even notice.

I realized this when I looked at the spec file and saw there was no way
in hot firey place that the default start page could be anything other
than the fedora start page.

Since I don't feel like crashing my laptop, I won't check it now - but I
*don't* know that my i386 ff35 build works with the crash page, I only
know the x86_64 works - and it probably isn't language packs, the
language packs aren't in my x86_64 or i386 builds.

I thought they were because I saw a bunch of language packs after the
i386 yum install that grabbed 3.0.11 that I though grabbed 3.5.

Arrgggh.