[CentOS] Firefox 3.5 Issues

Ron Blizzard

rb4centos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 03:28:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Michael A. Peters<mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
> Michael A. Peters wrote:
>
>>> I'm writing for a couple reasons.
>>>
>>> I'm curious to see if this is only my problem, or if other have
>>> experienced it or can replicate it.
>>
>> Confirmed - also i386 mharris packaging.
>
> update - it didn't actually bring the OS down, it brought X11 down -
> though it looked like CentOS was down. Pressing the power button
> (thinkpad) resulted in X11 restarting followed by a clean shutdown.

Yeah, the first time it did this it dropped to my login screen -- and,
I think, once I was able to ALT-CTRL-Backspace out of it. But every
other time it just locked and it seemed like I lost my keyboard and
everything. Though it didn't reboot on its own, so I guess something
was still working.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3