[CentOS] CENTOS 4.8 available time????

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 13:22:29 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 5:09 AM, Radosław Lidak<radoslaw at lidak.pl> wrote:

> Because he has repeated the question and looks to be in a hurry.    :-D
> I have two CentOS 4 boxes and would like to know if I missed something
> important. I think there will be no very new things in CentOS 4.8 but I'm
> not sure, that's all.

If you are running things like firefox and KDE, you have a good reason
to wonder when 4.8 comes out.  Please look, for example, at this forum
thread:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19706&start=20

Four of the security updates are labeled "Critical".  *Normally* they
are released within 24 hours but CentOS-4 updates are all on hold
until 4.8 is out.

Akemi