[CentOS] UPDATE over REPO

Alberto García Gómez

alberto at ipimtzcm.rimed.cu
Thu Jul 23 14:01:59 UTC 2009

Dear Fellows:

I don't know if this is the right way to make this question but I have not
an idea of how do that so here goes:

I want to update some packages of my CentOS (eg.: Apache, PHP, etc.); when I
tried downloading the packages and requesting for it dependencies I need go
online again and download then, and again, and again....very tired.

So I need a way to set a repo (I can make the REPO in one of my local
servers) and once a request an update this come with dependences
satisficied.

I'm not talking of make a "yum -y update"; is more liked an intelligent
"rpm" with REPO connection. ;-)

Best Regards

Saludos Fraternales
Atte.