[CentOS] Drupal installation

John Thomas

gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com
Fri Jul 24 12:18:46 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> For example, I created a directory /etc/drupal/sites/www.gayleard.com
> with my settings.php it in, as did several of the tutorials I visited.
> But I get error messages in /var/log/messages telling me
> that sites/default cannot be read.

I was at your level when I did it the first time, but I forgot what I
learned, so it is hard to help.

If you plan on hosting multiple sites, create a symlink (ln -s) in sites
called default to www.gayleard.com.  If you only plan to host the one
site, rename it to default.

Once you do it a few times you will probably find it easy.  It is
probably best to keep studying so you understand the security aspects if
you plan to face the site to the public.  Drupal makes it hard to be
insecure, but not impossible.

http://drupal.org/getting-started/5/install

Oh, and you should probably use Drupal 6 unless you have a very specific
reason.

--
Sincerely,
John Thomas