[CentOS] rpm

Kwan Lowe

kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:19:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 9:52 AM, David Leon<dleon741210 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I'm trying to install amavisd-new on Centos 5.3. There is a lot of
> failed dependencies errors when I try to install it. My question is,
> there is a way to automatically get all the rpm dependencies I need
> and get them saved somewhere in my hard drive for future
> installations? I'm behind a squid proxy.

To keep the cache, edit the /etc/yum.conf file and add:
keepcache=1

The yum cache will be in /var/cache/yum/REPO_NAME.

E.g., the rpmforge repo will be /var/cache/yum/rpmforge/packages.

You can copy the rpms in that dir to the same location on the next
server.. *or* share the location as a repository.  For one offs, it's
probably easier to just copy the rpms.