[CentOS] Cleaning up some problems

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Mon Jul 27 02:32:54 UTC 2009

Mr. X wrote:

> [...]
Hmmm... I don't have a perl version installed at that location.  I've
only added a few modules from cpan.  What should I do to resolve this?
yum erase perl, then reinstall or rpm -e whatever version of perl is
installed?  I can understand there are some packages that are of the
i386 flavor instaled on the system from initial install, and probably
some updates, but are they really necessary?  LIke I have both versions
of thunderbird, and I believe firefox as well, not to mention some I
can't remember, but remember seeing them as dependencies or
standalones.  If it weren't for the LDM data streaming in 24/7, I'd blow
it all away and start fresh, but I can't afford to lose the LDM data...
too much to confiigure in the setup and scripts.  Patching and or
removing offending stuff is my game plan.  BTW, what is wrong with using
cpan?  I thought they were the most up to date of the perl modules
available, but I rarely ever see anything perl related in a yum
update... maybe I just missed it. <sigh>

Sam