[CentOS] DRBD on a xen host: crash on high I/O

Andrea Dell'Amico

adellam at sevenseas.org
Wed Jul 29 14:16:00 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 09:55 -0400, Ross Walker wrote:

> I read on another forum how a user using iSCSI for domUs was
> experiencing network hangs due to the fact that dom0 didn't have
> enough scheduler credits to handle the network throughput. That might
> be related.
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2009-June/001021.html

I'm pretty sure the crash is DRBD related: until the secondary drbd
server is detached, all is working well. There are 23 guests running,
right now, some of them paravirtualized, other full virtualized. Some of
them use files images, other logical volumes (all of them over a drbd
device).
And I don't have a resource starvation, but a kernel crash and an
immediate reboot.

> -Ross

ciao
andrea
--
"In six days God created the heaven and the earth. On the seventh day,
Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications."