[CentOS] Open Letter to Lance Davis

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 19:02:47 UTC 2009

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Has anyone considered joining forces with Scientific Linux to reduce the
>>   workload and give both a more robust infrastructure?
>
> Yes, but the goals are rather different.

I thought both had upstream compatibility as the main goal - and both
seem competent enough that I wouldn't expect many problems in this
regard.  SL also claims a secondary goal of making site customization
easy - perhaps Centos as we know it could simply be one of those
customizations and going forward other variations would be easy.  If the
people doing the work aren't getting any value out of the brand name, I
don't see the point of fragmenting the user community for what is
essentially the same thing.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com