[CentOS] Open Letter to Lance Davis

Neil Aggarwal

neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Fri Jul 31 01:12:42 UTC 2009

Jim:

> We're not under any obligation to tell people how the money gets
> spent, but doing so certainly goes a long way building good will. In
> my opinion, a simple 'We got X monies in donations which were used to
> purchase dedicated hosting, bandwidth, and various novelties for booth
> and show kit' once in a while would do worlds of good for showing
> people how we use the money they choose to give us.

I agree with completely!

> I feel that the way the situation was
> handled was the right way. We approached in private first. We
> approached as a collective group in private. And finally when all else
> failed to work, action was taken and the issues were made public.

I disagree with you on this.  Giving a person years
with no movent to resolution is not handling it.  That is just
pulling the rug over it until is festers into a larger problem.

Thanks,
	Neil

Will your e-commerce site go offline if you have
a DB server failure, fiber cut, flood, fire, or other disaster?
If so, ask about our geographically redundant database system.